Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get ip2004 to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

kman1967

Technical User
May 10, 2006
CA
Hi Guys,
I have an ip2004 set im trying to install on a BCM50.It keeps saying locating server then goes to time and date,witch is not correct, then nothing.I have instructions on how to reset the phone but im not sure if im doing it right.Please help.

Is the ip correct? R u using static ip or dhcp? Is S1 entered in the set. Do u have a working ip set to compare the config settings?

Hi Dasheen,
First of all thanks for your reply,I have installed several of these sets,all new,the sets im trying to install were used at another location.Im using dhcp,s1 is good,ip is correct.when nortel networks comes up i hit the four buttons under the display,put in new info on set,i tried to install on two different BCM's.No luck.What do you think.Thanks

Copy the existing setting from a working IP phone already connected to the BCM50. And apply thos settings to the IP phone you are trying to get connected.

Support Our Troops

Hi kgrant,
this is a new BCM,and used ip sets,There are no existing ip phones on system.Is there a way to default the programming on 2004ip sets.I think there is some left over info on sets.Ive tried everything.Thanks

Do you have the IPclient keycodes installed.
And I'm not sure but are they phase 1 phones I don't think they will work on new systems.

Hey cook,
IP clients key codes are installed.How do you tell if the phones are phase 1.The model im trying is NTDU82.Thanks

Is the phone purple (also called a Barney)? If so, it may be a Phase 1 phone, you may need to get the latest firmware and use a TFTP server on your laptop/pc, then point the S1 to the IP address of your laptop/pc..

--DB

Identifying IP Phone 2004:
- NTEX00 or NT7B10 is "phase 0" which stopped being manufactured in 2002 and went end-of-life in Sep 2007.
- NTDU82 is "phase 1" which stopped being manufactured in early 2005 and wend end-of-life in May 2008.
- NTDU92 is "phase 2". Both the "ethergray" and "non-bezel" versions are no longer manufactured. Only the "bezel" version is still sold.

Neither the "phase 0" or "phase 1" phones can be upgraded to use the "phase 2" firmware.

Did the display ever say downloading firmware? I've had that happen and then accidently unplug the phone. Bad mistake, I suddenly had an expensive paperweight... Replace the keyset...

You cannot use TFTP to download firmware to a IP Phone 2004. The firmware has to be downloaded directly from the call server.

- assuming registration is allowed -
did you try full DHCP for testing purposes? (in that case, you do NOT have to specify the S1/S2 address info)

Thanks guys,
The set i have is a phase 2 set.I tried full DHCP,I tried everything,still no go.So according to your comments there is no way to default the set.

Hi kman1967
Wich port number did you put on your dhcp server settings?
For BCM50 port number must be 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back