Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot find the insert section "AFX_MSG"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eboxbd

Programmer
Dec 22, 2002
HK
The following error is shown when i try to view ClassWizard.

Cannot find the insert section "AFX_MSG" in file "C:\New\Message.h".
ClassWizard cannot edit or import this class.

Pls help.
Haider.

You probably either hacked into some wizard-generated code (you sould NEVER delete those AFX_XXX comments, since it's ClassWizard's mark for ections to write/read its code), or it's simply not a ClassWizard generated class.

Compare the header with another wizard-generated class to copy back the AFX_XXX insertion points (if hacking is what you've been done).
Greetings,
Rick

Thanks.
Yeah, I have delete that comments.
Pls detail.

Another error is occured at the line of UpdateData(FALSE).

What is the cause, pls?

Well, I don't know about the update data error (you might have hacked in the DoDataExchange as well).

Those commented lines are being used by the ClassWizard to read the information it has written into your class and append information there. UpdateData results in a call to DoDataExchange, which you might have altered too....

It's not just the commented lines you should stay away from, you know. The actual code generated by the wizard should be altered by the wizard itself. Only if you exactly know what's going on in the code, and what the consequences will be when making changes you should alter that code yourself.
Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back