Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot find slot -99999

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdoc66

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
Running 6.02 on a HP 11.0 server. This is the error I have encountered. This started after I labelled a batch of brand new DLT tapes for use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 8 15:22:41 domhp2 syslog: NetWorker media: (alert) Jukebox `Q47-B' failed
Wed 15:22:40 cannot find slot `-99999' in operation slots list.

What happens if you do a

nsrjb -HEv

command? THis should reset the JB and re-inventory. It is possible that you JB has a problem. A Q47 is a relativly old device.

John7

After looking at numerous threads, I took the advice of one and checked my nsrjb.res. It was corrupt. Under "Loaded Slots" there was a -99999 in one of the four positions.
The top 15 lines where also at the bottom of the file for some reason. After I took out the -99999 and deleted the bottom of the file, it worked as it should and the error has not reappeared.

You are correct about the Q47. It's the reason I don't sleep well at night and both of the JB's are scared with black marks from former system admins kicking the hell out of them.

Thanks for your help. Mike

Hi jmdoc66

only editing "Loaded Slots" might work - but to be on the safe side, you should also edit:
"Loaded Barcodes"
"Loaded Slots"

and after doing so, you should issue a

nsrjb -vEH

just to sort things out.

johanes

I wouldn't recommend you edit the nsrjb res, perhaps delete it and then recreate the jb, had some strange things happen.

Just delete the jb and rerun jbconfig Regards
KeefB

[lightsaber]

I would restore it from a good backup. If you have to perform a disaster recovery of the servers boot strap.
On NW 5.2.3 this used to happen all the time and I saved a good copy of it to copy over a corrput one. I haven't had these problems since I went 6.1.2 or 6.1.3.

ed Ed Skolnik
The Interpublic Group Of Companies, Inc.
GIS Chicago System Administrator
Chicago, Illinois 60611

As I said before I edited the nsrjb.res file and it worked, however I may have been lucky this time.
Thank you for all of the comments. I've put them in my notes and if this happens again I will take your advice and do a restore.

Thanks
Mike

It might not be the recommended way of cleaning up - but as I said before editing is the easiest and fastest way.
In our environment it would not easily be possible to delete and recreate the jukebox - 2 Jukeboxes with 22 physical drives - 56 shared drives with together about 3800 tapes

as it is common - you can solve everything in more than one way :)

Johanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back