Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot find proxies.dcu, DockForm.dcu, ComponentDesigner.dcu, etc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

440bx

Programmer
Mar 11, 2009
US
Hi,

I normally compile using the command line compiler dcc32.exe, therefore I am not well versed with the IDE, excuse me if I am asking some really dumb questions here.

I was in the process of compiling some object oriented library code I got on the net and got the following error:

H:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\source\ToolsAPI\DesignWindows.pas(14) F
atal: F1026 File not found: 'ComponentDesigner.dcu'

I looked for the file "ComponentDesigner.pas" in order to compile the unit and get the dcu but, I did not find it.

I did find a ComponentDesigner.hpp though but, I don't know how to get a dcu out of that. Is it possible to get a .dcu out of a .hpp ? if yes, how ?

The ComponentDesigner.pas file is in the ToolsAPI folder. In an attempt to solve the problem, I starting compiling each and every one of the .pas files (using dcc32.exe, not the IDE) and got additional errors about missing files, among them:

1. Missing Proxies.dcu (I cannot find a proxies.pas anywhere)

2. Missing DockForm.dcu (couldn't find a DockForm.pas either)

and of course the missing componentdesigner.pas I mentioned first.

Since I was simply trying to compile ToolsAPI.pas, which is a CodeGear supplied file in the source directory, I don't think CodeGear failed to include necessary files, so I must be doing something wrong but, I have no idea what.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

John

If your application or expert uses designtime information, you have to replace

uses DsgnIntf;

with

uses DesignIntf, DesignEditors;

But then you will run into an error message 'Cannot find unit Proxies.pas'

Answer:

The solution is to add DesignIde.dcp to your list of required packages.

You will have to ensure that the run-time package does not require the design-time package(s). This change in Delphi 6 enforces Borland's licence restrictions on designtime editors more strongly, which have been in the license documents since Delphi 3, I believe.

Aaron

Aaron,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Adding -LU"....longpath...\DesignIde.dcp" to the compile command allowed me to compile successfully.

Thank you and thank you again!

John.

I think you owe Aaron a star for that one...

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Agreed.

I'll go with the standard given for a superb performance: 5 stars

Leslie,

Thank you for letting me know about clicking the star. I'm new here and didn't realize it was there.

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back