Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Find Installable ISAM? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grh

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
GB
When using VB6 (or VBA within Excell 2000), when I write code to access a legacy FOXPRO database I get the error message Cannot Find Installable ISAM.

I have tried this on several machines, all give same result. I suuspect there is some file/driver missing from my machine(s) . Any ideas for a fix?

regards

Hey grh,

I have had this problem before. It was while ago, so i am not sure exactly how I got it. My hunch is that you are trying to work with a controls data binding properties. I would try binding the controls programmaticaly. It might also have to do with some property that is an enum (something like Snap Shot, Dynaset,etc.) I am probably not being helpful, and I am sorry If this isn't. But If you are trying to bind the controls at Design Time, I would try doing it at run time. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Have you the last ODBC drivers ? ,install Mdac_type.exe to install the drivers with office 2000

Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

Licence And Copy Protection AxtiveX
Source CodeBook for the programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back