Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Edit Record currently locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeWard

Programmer
Mar 21, 2005
US
Hello.........
I have a database which is on the networt. Multiple people use this databse. I have it split and the BE in on a shared drive....Everything was moving along just fine until I encountered an error message "cannot update...currently locked"...it's opened in share mode with record level locking. A person is to click on the 'add record' button to enter in a new record. When this is done the error message pops up....Does anyone know why this would be happening or how to fix it? Thanks

1) Is someone else editing the record at the time when you wanted to?

2) locking file maybe corrupt. delete have all the user exit the database and delete the locking file in the same folder as the BE

Program Error
Programmers do it one finger at a time!

oh i forgot that one

Program Error
Programmers do it one finger at a time!

Well I'll tell you, at least you weren't the one who forgot it as far as designing it ...I'm feeling a bit red in the face actually hee-hee..Thanks for help and input! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back