Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot drag and drop measures or dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2004
US
Hi all,

I am no longer able to drag and drop measures or dimensions in the cubes in Upfront. Other users on my team are also experiencing the same issue. As far as I know, none of the settings had been changed. It just stopped working this morning.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

yksvaan -
I think your theroy is correct. After applying MS patch MS04-038 this week, we are no longer able to drag and drop in PPES.
Please post if anyone finds any different.

Thank You

Thank you for the quick response. I agree with you on the theory that the patch could have caused this. For now I found a work around.
Try to add the cognos site - to the Trusted Sites in Internet Options >> Security tab and set the Security Level for the Trusted Sites to Default Level. This will let you drag and drop stuff from the expandable folder menu on the left side.

Thanks

That doesn't seem to be working for me.
Anyone have any other thoughts?

Hello,
I have found out that Cognos R&D is aware of this problem and is currently working on a solution. They have not yet set a time frame for this to be ready - could be days, could be weeks - but they are working on it and it will be available as a download.
Just have to sit tight until it is released.

Thanks Thabrane for the update. Could you please let us know when the fix is available on COGNOS.

By the way, when you said the work around that I suggested is not working, can you confirm that you were trying drag the folder/worksheet icon (AND NOT THE TEXT NEXT TO THE ICON) for the dimension/ measure. Make sure you drag the icon and not the text. You can do this only from Folder Tree-view that appears on the left side in UPFRONT. You cannot drag and drop the measures/dimensions that appear on the top of the cube.
Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

John

I found out there is a fix available for download now, but I think you should contact Cognos support to get the download address.

Cheers,

Pete

My reseller hasn't found it yet; can anyone give an URL or a Knowledgebase number or a key word to bring this hotfix up on the Cognos support site?
thanks,
lex

soi la, soi carre

ask him to look for :
"A fix for issue 454811, Enhanced mode is not work after IE security patch is installed - drag drop of category names"

He's forwarded on a link to an ftp site for a d/l of a version of 7.1 that corrects it. Apparantly it's not an issue for PPES v.7.3.

soi la, soi carre

Please can someone clarify the solution for me.

Apart from upgrading PPES do you have a link for me to download the patch. Is the patch availabe from COGNOS. I cannot find the detail via the knowledge base.

Your help appreciated.

David

David,
You need to contact cognos (or your reseller) and ask for (as draoued states above) "the fix for issue 454811, Enhanced mode is not work after IE security patch is installed - drag drop of category names".
For me, this was an ftp address for the patched version. It may be that they will supply media (CD) direct, depending on your licence.

soi la, soi carré

The download link is located in a Cognos FTP server.
Only your cognos support can give you the link as you need to be a supported customer.
The patch is fixing the problem for PPES7.1 , and it's an hotfix of the MR3 version.

You can ask your Cognos support for the following:"A fix for issue 454811, Enhanced mode is not work after IE security patch is installed - drag drop of category names"

For some reasons , it s not downloadable from the cognos support.

Reading the above, presumably if you just upgrade the Powerplay Enterprise Server to release 7.3 the problem will be sorted.

drlex.

I'll take it thats it's not as easy as it sounds then !!

Hi johnthomaz,

I'm not able to get your workaround to work either. :-( I was so hoping it would work too.

We have no plans to upgrade PPES to either 7.3 or the fix that Cognos has released. There are disagreements over the level of testing that is required. Think making a mountain out of a molehill!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back