Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot distribute vb.net application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

idono

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
Ok, losing lots of hair on this one. I have created my first vb.net app and would like to distribute it to my users. Problem is I used an active X web browser that requires the shdocvw.dll library. In doing this a wrapper library was created AxInterop.ShDocVw.dll. When I run the install on the users box or even my own there are no problems. After install, when I run the app I get a file not found exception. It cannot find AxInterop.ShDocVw.dll. Even though it is included in the build. Anyone run into a similar situation or know a work around?

Does the message indicate "AxInterop.ShDocVw.dll. or one of its dependencies is missing. You may need to ship additional COM DLLs and register them them on the target machine. Try running FUSLOGVW.exe (Assembly Binding Log Viewer) as you run your application. On my machine, it is in the c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.Net\FrameworkSDK/Bin directory.

Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

Good suggestion! I ran them both and the following is what I got.

Application Description
MEPrints.exe AXInterop.SHDocVw, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

I'm not sure what all that means other than it didn't bind. Any ideas?

This is what I got from that. Pardon me for having you tell me what it all means. I'm pretty new to vb.net.

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (12/18/2003 @ 1:05:35 PM) ***

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\fusion.dll
Running under executable C:\Documents and Settings\ddbrown\Start Menu\Programs\ME Prints\MEPrints.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = AxInterop.SHDocVw, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = C:\Documents and Settings\ddbrown\Start Menu\Programs\ME PrintsLOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = NULL
Calling assembly : MEPrints, Version=1.0.1447.17224, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Processing DEVPATH.
LOG: DEVPATH is not set. Falling through to regular bind.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: AxInterop.SHDocVw, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and Settings/ddbrown/Start Menu/Programs/ME Prints/AxInterop.SHDocVw.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and Settings/ddbrown/Start Menu/Programs/ME Prints/AxInterop.SHDocVw/AxInterop.SHDocVw.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and Settings/ddbrown/Start Menu/Programs/ME Prints/AxInterop.SHDocVw.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Documents and Settings/ddbrown/Start Menu/Programs/ME Prints/AxInterop.SHDocVw/AxInterop.SHDocVw.EXE.
LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

You are an absolute genius! Here is a big thank you and a Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back