Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Disconnect Network Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinypingu

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
AU
I have a win 2k server box which has lots of network drives on it, but some of these drives have a red cross mark on it, I now don't intend to use it. Is there a way that I can get rid of all those drives?

I tried:
1. Click Tool --> Disconnect Network Drive, but the network drives that I want to disconnect are not in the Disconnect Network Drive window, so I can't select and disconnect them.
2. Right click on each of the network drives and select "Disconnect" from the menu, but the error window pop-up said "The network connection could not be found."
3. Type "Net Use" in the command prompt, but the network drives that I want to disconnect are not listed.
4. Type "Net Use X: /d" in the command prompt, the message "The network connection could not be found. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250."

I have no idea as to why this is happening. Please advice how to remove these unwanted network drives. Thanks.

Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer Management
System Tools
Shares

See if you can delete from their, by right cliking on the share you no longer want and then left click on Stop Sharing

Does this work...

Do not take life too seriously, because in the end, you won't come out alive anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back