Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot dial after call is connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloose

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2006
US
Just a few days ago, when we dial out the call connects, then we cannot navigate menu's it makes the tone when you push the button, but the menu system on the other side of the call does nothing, as if you didnt push a button. This new problem is frustrating as heck. We cannot navigate automated systems at all!

Is "Out Of Band DTMF" box checked under extension's settings? I would check it if it's not checked and try again...

everyone has that field checked. The odd thing is, if I dial out on analog lines it works fine, Its when we dial on our T1 connection we have the problem.

I just called my self on my cell phone, and I think I see what the problem is, but I need to know how to fix it. The voice sounds great, but when i push a button, the tone is all garbled and bad. any ideas?

What parameters you have set for T1 channels under "Advanced" configuration?

t126tv.jpg

Ok I set the Tx Gain to 0dB and it got clear enough for the phone systems to understand it, problem is, people have a hard time hearing our people, so this still doesnt fully resolve my problem.

I would put Clock Quality to Network. It will get synch from CO office. Also, try to lower TxGain to 0dB. Let me know if it helps.

That might be an Audio Codec you are using issue. What phones you are using and what Codec?

All kinds of phones!
4610SW IP
4602SW IP
4406D+ Digital
4620SW IP

How do I check the codec?
If you mean compression mode: G.729(a) 8K CS-ACELP

You can change the gain for each extension separately under VOIP tab. Also, make sure you have some kind of QoS filtering on your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back