Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Delete Record in Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucybelle

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
I have a spit Access 2003 database and in one of the tables there is a record that has "#ERROR" in every field. When I try to delete the record, I get this message, "Invalid Argument". The database will not function unless the record is deleted. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get rid of that record?

Can you do this by opening the back end in Access and removing it directly?
(Ensure nobody is using the system at the time).

John

#ERROR" means there is no data to display - usually on a linked ODBC table. If this is the case, refresh the link.

Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

I opened the backend exclusively and cannot delete. I deleted the link and linked it back and still the same.

This is a database that I converted the FE from Access 97 to Access 2003 last year and had no problems, until I just converted the BE in November and having problems.

To fix this problem, I copied the data in a new table and it works fine for now until it happens again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back