Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot delete AS2000 job

Status
Not open for further replies.

swerrvin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2002
US
Every time I try to delete a job in my 'Job Queue'...arcserve hangs - then the program shuts down. How do I manually delete the job without corrupting the other jobs that are working properly?

Log onto the server that the job is running on. Try stopping the services. If that fails, open taskmanager and kill the asrunjob.exe process. That will stop the job.

Or... stop the ARCserve engines ( job/tape/database ) and quit the manager. Then go to the directory 00000001.qsd.
In there there is an ARCserve job ( 00000xxx.job ) with a corresponding *.chk file ( this is the unstoppable job ). Delete both 00000xxx.job and 00000xxx.chk file. Then restart ARcserve.
You will have to recreate the job ( so save your jobs as *.asx files ) but this will work always.

regards

Prior to trying anything it would be a good idea to save a copy of all your jobs. Select the job and then modify and do a File Save As.

Then if you want try the above suggestions or with all the ARCserve services stopped and the Manager closed you can just delete the queue directory and it will be recreated when ARCserve is brought back up. Then you can do a File Open and put back all the jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back