Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot delete a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladin256

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
I setup DFS between 2 servers. I was looking through the logs and found it was not replicating due to the fact it could not access a folder. The main folder is named Root_Share for some reason there is another folder in the in the main folder also called Root_Share. I can browse the folder and it contains no data. However if I try to delete, rename, or change it in any way I get the following error: Cannot delete Root_Share: The network location cannot be reached. I should also note I have removed the share from the other server in troubleshooting the issue.

Thank You.

Have you tried booting the server into safe mode and deleting it that way, in case there's an open file handle?

I was previously posting under "GeneralDzur" but hgate73 is my new username.

Thanks for the reply, but I ended up figuring out the issue. When I setup the dfs replication windows for some reason deciided it would also setup frs on the same folder. Once I realized this all I needed to do was stop frs on the folder and I could the remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back