Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot create procedure error during upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
UPgraded to version 10. At the last step of loading stored procs, 2 of 3 companies receive errors about unable to create sp taFSRMALineLot and then invalid column name MFGDATE. Whatever this product is, we do not use it. I was still able to log into each company, however, we cannot add any new modules as this error continues and prevents tables/procs from being setup for additional modules.

A) I cannot simply copy these procs from the company that was successful as the sp are encrypted. Plus, I don't even know what this product is that this sp is for.
B) Is there a way to create tables/procs for this product outside of utilities so I can troublehshoot what table was not upgraded correctly which is causing the creation of this proc from failing?

is it possible to scan the database for tables that don't look like GP tables (possibly those pesky hms tables?) and backthem up/delete them?

if the tables aren't there then wouldn't utilities just cruise on past?

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back