Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot create new Exchange Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

middi1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
I cannot create any new mailboxes. I create the user and the correct settings are set and it does not give me an error when creating the ID or anything but it never creates a mailbox. The person and address is in the outlook global addressbook but if you send something to them it gets rejected right away. If you look in the exchange section for email addresses it has nothing in there. Have tried rebooting the 1 domain controller and the exchange box. I can log into the domain fine with the ID created. All my previous created mailbox users are working fine. Just started yesterday. ANy help would be appreciated.

I have this problem on windows xp workstations with sp1. I can create the userid but when I try to create the mailbox I get the hour glass. Works fine on a windows 2000 workstation.

Any help will be appreciated.

I went through the steps in the article and no errors were encountered in the install. The only thing I did not do was to install the Exchange 2000 SP Rollup for September 03.

I can create a userid when I uncheck the create mailbox and it creates the userid.

I right click the user and do exchange tasks to see if I can create the mailbox from there and it gets about 80% through on the status and just hangs.

If I have the create mailbox object checked when creating a mailbox in AD users and computers it hangs right after I click next.

The problem doesn't occur on one box. I tried it on three boxes so it has to be something I am overlooking.

Thanks for replying xmsre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back