Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot create an .mde ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillMc

Programmer
Dec 8, 2000
US
I had this problem once before and I just can't remember exactly how to fix it. I believe I need to run a utility that is accessed in the forms design view... Can anyone help me. Bill

What exactly is the problem?
1) You can't remember how to create an mde?
Tools|Database Utilities|Make MDE File

2) You get an error message when trying to create an mde? If so, what is the message?
Make sure you compile all your code before trying to create the mde. Open any code module and run the command Debug|Compile and Save All Modules

You cannot create an mde file until the code will compile without error.

HTH
Lightning

Thanks. I did know something needed to be done (Complile). I just could not remember what it was. I appreciate your help. Bill

Lightning,
I did debug, however, the "make .mde file" is in grey and not able to start.

I am not getting a error message as it just doesn't open. Do you know what else it could be? FYI: I am using Office XP.

Thanks, Bill

Lightning,
The problem is solved. Inadvertantly, I was working with a file format in 2000 instead of 2002. Once I converted to 2002, the mde conversion happened. Thanks for your help. Bill

Bill@bmcauley.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back