Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot copy object to Clipboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

espositophp

Programmer
Sep 30, 2003
Hello, I have a serious problem dealing with the Delphi IDE.

When I select an object in the Delphi IDE (version 2005), the items of the Edit popup window appear disabled.

Consequently, I am unable to copy and paste any objects in the forms at design time.

Please note that I can copy and paste text without any problems. Moreover, until a few days ago I had no problems at all using the Clipboard in the Delphi IDE.

No other application on my computer has problems copying and pasting objects.

Do you know what it may depend on and how to get rid of this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I presume that you aren't trying to paste items into incompatible places...

...and that you have already tried rebooting your system.

It sounds like the IDE has been corrupted. Have you (or some component) made any changes to the standard DCUs? (If you aren't sure you can check the file date of the entries in your ~\Lib directory to see if anything has.)

The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Delphi.

If that doesn't fix it, then you have something running on your system that is either preventing Delphi from registering custom clipboard formats or that is intercepting (and removing) them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your replies.

I am not using any Clipboard extenders and even when I reboot my system the problem remains.

I have formatted my hard disk and reinstalled Delphi and the problem disappeared for a while. Nevertheless, as soon as I opened an existing project, the problem came back.

Now, even when I start a new project, the items in the Edit menu appear disabled. For example, if I place a button on an empty form, right click on it and select Edit from the popup window, non item can be clicked on as they are greyed.

I don't use external components because I have the Delphi Personal Edition that only allows me to use the standard controls.

Any further help will be appreciated.

Do you have a valid, successful registration for it? Is it perhaps degrading after a 30-day trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back