Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabenorteltech

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
US
I have a customer with an MICS and an 8 port NAM. Today I went to delete mailbox 113 and rebuild it for a new employee. However, now when I try to rebuild the mailbox it prompts for the usual, mailbox, subscriber, ext, and then when i enter a class of service the display reads "cannot continue" and kicks me of programming all together.

I've tried to delete mailbox 113 but mailbox 113 doesn't exist, i've tried to change mailbox 113, but mailbox doesn't exist and I've tried to build a new one.

For a temp fix I built mailbox 213 for ext 113 but the receptionist (she covers 100 plus phones) is already having a hard time remembering that she cannot VMT to 113. Not to mention the AA transfering to 113 or the back up receptionists. This is a huge problem for me already because this is the president's assistant so most of the calls to ext 113 are actually for the president.

The problem is with mailbox 113 because I can't assign it any other ext either and I've powered down the system too. Also, I have a hunch that maybe the customer may have been playing around with the mailbox before calling me out. If they set it up as an information mailbox would that have any effect? Or could I simply delelete the box and rebuild it?

Please help!

did you say you already deleted and it let you. you rebuilt it but it wouldn't let you put in a class of service for the mailbox?

I would get Norstar Voice Mail Manager (appropriate level for s/w level of thw NAM) or hook up a printer and print the reports. Report #2 will give you mailbox/ext assignments. Maybe there is a conflict. It may be good to hook up a dumb terminal and check hard disk space and do a 'chkdsk' to see if there are corrupted files.

there is no conflict with mailbox 113. Because a new employee was taking over ext 113 I deleleted mailbox 113 and then immediately went to rebuild it. I've done this exact same thing a thousand times, but for some reason this time mailbox 113 is locked. I would move this person but their ext 113 is probably to second most important ext next to the sales DID group.

Not knowing all the inns and outs of that particular system, I would get those port reports, see if you have corrupt files on that HD, and see how much HD space is left.

What has really got me going is that while at that same customer I removed and added mailboxes to other extensions with no problems as part of my service call, after I had problems with mailbox 113? I can freely add, delete or change any mailbox in the system except 113?

How do I know if i have corrupt files on the HD?

This is an 8 port nam that had over 200 mailboxes on it, but all have been deleted except about 75 mailboxes (they are in the mortgage industry). I seriously doubt that this voice mail system is anywhere close to maxed out when hardly anyone works at this office any longer and over 50 extensions have been removed, virtual mailboxes have been deleted and along with voice mail boxes for extensions that no longer have someone sitting at that phone.

I never heard back from anyone regarding if setting up an information mailbox would have any effect? Even if the box was deleted? When I initially went into delete mailbox 113 I just deleted the mailbox, I didn't go in and see if it had been set up as an information box? I know most of my customers try to change things inhouse first and then call me to fix their screw ups?

You can check a HD via dumb terminal and do a 'chkdsk'. Look for 'crosslinked' files (usually associated with co-resident ACD, but may get corrupted). Files that say 'size allocation error' are ok. Also, if they are using CCR, make sure nothing is pointed to a m/box 113.

I am having the same problem with a callpilot 2.1. when I try to set up a mbox at ext 236 ,I get the same results. Any other #'s work fine.

As far as the mailbox being an info mailbox, that should have had no effect by deleting it. If you have Voicemail Manager, try logging in with it and look around to see if you can find any troubles.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back