Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to the Citrix Server - ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olv

Technical User
Mar 9, 2003
CA
Hi all !

I need your help or advise.
I have installed ICA32 CLient at my home computer (XP Prof) and set up a connection like in guide. Usually it connects to Citrix server (W2000 Server) at office properly. But sometime, I do not have connection. For example, I have an error today morning:
"Cannot connect to the Citrix server:
There is no Citrix Server configured on the specified address"
Why ???? I ping server properly and I had a sucessful connections yesterday evening !
And there are not changes in Citrix settings at my computer and office server.

I will grateful for help.

Oleg.
P.S. Excuse me for my English - it is not well :)

An intermittent connection could be caused by many things.

First test I would do, after pinging, is check whether you can connect using a Terminal Services client.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Do you have a firewall ?
I occasionally have this happen and it is a firewall issue...I may need to restart the firewall services...reboot firewall, etc....

I have had similar problems on our Citrix network, it is ususally one of the following:
1) Check your encryption level (sometimes a user will be reset to the default while the application requires 128 bit)
2) Check your clients server address list, if correct then check the firewall setting. If use alternate address thru firewall is checked, then uncheck and try again,
3) Check the clients default domain
4) Lastly, check to see that you can login at server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back