Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to the Citrix Presentation Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpalmer

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
US
I have one user that everytime he logs into our Web Interface and attempts to launch an application, he receives the message: "Cannot connect to the Citrix Presentation Server. There is no Citrix SSL Server Configured on the specific address."

He is the only user in our company that receives this message. I have had him re-install the new Citrix Client 10.150, but still receives the message.

We are running PSE 4.5 and Web Interface 4.5. CSG.
Client using IE 7 with Web Client 10.150, Windows XP SP2

I've seen this issue when it relates to the Web Interface and is affecting all users, but not for just one user. Any help would be appreciated.

Can this user launch applications from another PC ? probably yes.

Is it possible that this PC has a DNS-problem , or that for one reason or another the switch on which the PC is connected blocks port 443 ( https ) ?

Visit us at :

Did you ever find out what your issue was? I have a simular client (only one) with same problem. I believe it to be personal firewall related issue. Would appreciate update.

HI everyone.
I HATE CITRIX, particularly their VER10..what a pain. Why have they had to make complicated for nothing? I am on window XP, need to configured citrix ver 10 on that computer so it can connect to a remote server. There is not 10 000 places to put an IP address in Citrix Neighbourhood. So the IP address is in the right place ...but it doesn't want to connect to it. SO I uninstall it, re-install it but this time I didn’t install the WEB CLIENT, but it didn’t help either. The 2nd line of that error is related "there no server in the specific address " ...but there is a damn IP address. If anyone can email me or post a resolution or suggestion it would be great for all us. Thanks a million.

I urgently need to fix this . Funny part is this is my 3rd computer with same exact setting..And it giving that error...no idea.

I totally forgot that I had posted something out here. The problem was that the user had installed the McAfee Firewall software or what ever it's really called. I don't know much about the software as my company doesn't support home pc's. Once I figured out it was the McAfee software, I informed the user that they would have to read the documentation to allow Citrix through.

Thanks All!

Hi again,
Reading from GPalmer posting, i realized that the firewall was engaged. But even the firewall disactivated; I still can get a connection. The last ICA Citrix ver10 is really more annoying then ever...why would they bother to make a damn client with neighborhood crap? Any how if any can respond to this with a sound fix it would be great. The computer I am using to connect remotely to a authentication server sitll give me an error about "there no address configure " ??? thanks

Round2, I just did another re-install of Citrix Presentation Ver10 AGAIN, i even clean the registry anything related to Citrix. Did a brand new install.
And I still get the same f@@@@ error.

"there is no Citrix Presentation Server configure on the specified address" ???

Well, in fact there is an IP address for the SERVER box (there'not many places you can put the IP ...) I sitll can't still get a connection.

It seems that Citrix copy or get some settings from a file system because once I re-installed Citrix Neighborhood version 10 back again, a copy of my previous ICA client and all its settings was already set in the Neighborhood window ??? Am I missing something here!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back