Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Connect to the Citrix metaframe Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameslearuk

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
Hi there,

I am running a MSP4 farm with the following -

4 x MPS4 Servers (Windows 2003)
2 x WI (Windows 2003)
1 x License server (Windows 2003)

These servers have 2 apps published to all of them. When launching the apps I am getting mixed results. 1 app works (Java based app) and the other app does not. (MS Word 2000)

The users get the following error.

Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server. The Citrix metaFrame server is not available, please try again later.

It seems that all of the servers are playing up.

I have tried telnet IP ADDRESS 1494 and on the ones that are broken at the time the listener is not active.

I have also RDP's each of these servers and tried launching the Server Desktop from within CMC, all of the broken servers do not respond.

I have restarted all of the Citrix Services (IMA, XML etc) and all start without issue. Nothing is in the event log at all.

I am not running Session Reliability as I know that causes issues and have tried the traces listed in
Any ideas?

Also not these issues started after our LAN Admin installed MS Patches KB913446, KB911564, & KB911927. I have backed out these patches and the origional files are running.

Further investigation has shown that it seems to limit the server to 2 users then fails. Have applied the rollup patch but have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

James

You have a licensing issue. That's why it will allow two users, then balks at the third.

Really? I would expect to get licencing issues reported in the event viewer.....?

also, how would that stop the ICA listener from working? I thought that that would run whether there is a licencing issue?

actually it seems as though the limit is 3 users...the the ICA listener stops....have check the registry for the limit on the ICA listener and it seems fine.

Ran a query on the listener and the citrix tool states it is listening but the OS is not allowing it.

Anyone got any thoughts?

there is a hot fix if you have sp1 installed that corrects the fix for deny of service attacks that steps on the ica connect. ctx708444 will give you some directions to troubleshoot. also if this over the internet you might need to play with the ica keep alive setting on the citrix server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back