Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to SQL Server 2008 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

endhey

Programmer
Jan 27, 2012
Dear all,

i've a problem with my database sql server 2008,,
when i trying connect to database engine with sql server authentication, occurred this error :
" A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233) "
i've try to enable shared memory and named pipes on sql configuration tool and restart the services,but the error still occurred,,

NB : - i was disable account windows authentication so i can't login with windows authentication,,
- this error occurred after i disable services on start up and when i manualy start the service the error occured,,

any answer would be appreciated,,

Thanks,,

Are you positive the services are running?

What is the service account log on as? Is it a Windows Account? If so, you've shut off access to Windows Accounts and that might be keeping SQL Server from actually starting up.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

-SQLBill said:
Are you positive the services are running?
yup,i'm sure the services are running..

What is the service account log on as? Is it a Windows Account?
i log on using SQL Server Authentication,coz i've been disable Windows Account.

thanks for your response..

Not YOUR account....what is the account used by SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services? If they are Windows accounts, I'm not sure SQL Server will be able to start up.

Connect to the server itself. Go to Start>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Find Services and click on that to expand it. Find the SQL Server services. The ones we care about right now are the SQL Server one and the SQL Server Agent one.

1. Are they started?
2. Are they set for Automatic?
3. What login do they use?

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Yes,they are started and set for automatic,, i've been set up SQL services automatic and my SQL server has work well..

Thanks a lot for your answer and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back