Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjouault

Technical User
Sep 7, 2005
FR
Hi,

My configuration :

Master : windows 2003, NB 5.0GA MP5
Clients : Windows NT4 with sql server 7

I make a database backup of my client A with NetBackup. The backup it's ok.

I want after to restore the database backup of the client A to the client B in using the GUI Backup,Archive and restore in the Master.

When I performe the restoration, I have the error 25 : cannot connect to socket.
I have a Status Code 25 in the progress log and Status 54 in the bpbrm log.

When I make the same operation (backup/restore to different host) with a .txt files, I have no problem, the restore is ok.

So I think I have a problem with the database but I don't no what it is.

I have make the same operation (database backup and restore) in a client C, I have the same problem.

Please help me.

Sound's more like you can't connect to "b" rather than a database issue-

Verify that you can connect to server "B" from the master..status 54 is a direct error relating to not being able to connect to a client...

Hi,

I can connect to the client B because I can do a restoration of file (text file) on the client B.

I think it is a problem with sql server or something like that but I can't find it.

Thanks

Have you changed NBU ports by any chance? Look in your port ranges

Hi,

I have not change the port. It is the default configuration.
If I look in the host properties of the master server, the port range are:

512 => 1023 : Client reserved port windows
512 => 1023 : Server reserved port windows
1025 => 5000 : Server port windows

Please help me, it's a very big problem for me.

Was the database backed up off of server A with an agent and do you have that agent loaded on the target server B? Normally get that error when netbackup can't connect to the client deamon or agent

Hi,

Yes I have the database agent in the client B.

Thanks

Most of the time a status 25 is a direct result of a DNS error. I would check from both sides to make sure that both the forward and reverse lookups are correct.

You can overcome this by placing an entry in the /etc/hosts file (unix) or the hosts file on a Windows. However, this is only a temporary soltion and does not resolve your real problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back