Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to PBX through TM3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtman

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
I've been having this problem for a while now. We just upgraded to TM3.2 from OTM2.2 and thought that maybe that would fix it but no. When I try to overlay passthrough to the PBX from TM it says that the username\password combination is incorrect. But I can use the same username and password in TM using the Virtual Terminal to connect to the PBX. I've got three PBX's one works fine and the other two won't let me login.

Any Ideas?

Try adjusting your caps. Say for example you normally log in with all lower case. Try to use all caps.

Been there, done that... I contacted Nortel yesterday and they're tech must have done that a billion times to no avail. I'm using the admin2 username and it's password which should work in either passthru or virtual terminal right?

Any chance you can watch your maintenace terminal while trying to login from TM? If you can, do you at least see some ovl codes (invalid logins). If you don't see those, then I don't think your connecting.

Ok, I brought up the maintenance terminal while I tried from TM and got the following:
"MAT003 USER: ADMIN2 IP ADR: 192.168.46.90"

(That IP address is to my TM server)

That is all that is displayed.

Do you have PTY build?

REQ prt
TYPE adan tty 10

ADAN TTY 10
CTYP PTY
DNUM 10
PORT 0
DES PTY_PORT0
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES

Are you manually typing in the user and password? You might not have it set properly under your customers tab in your Site.I think it is case sensitive when you use TM.

I have a tty port setup similarly:
but not everything is exactly the same, for instance I only have USER SCH instead of USER MTC SCH BUG and it is a different port number (13). And yes I've checked the customer tab as far as manually entering the username and password with the correct case.

The TM was just installed day before yesterday. We went from OTM 2.2 to TM 3.2 and installed all the patches. But I was having the same problem with OTM 2.2. The PBX has not been patched.

we wound up outing the original LAPW's for TM and adding them back into the pbx as PWD1 type passwords (you can have multiple PWD1's now)

That worked for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back