Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYinsuranceGuy

Technical User
May 3, 2011
US
Hello and thanks in advance for any insight or assistance. I have recently reinstalled SBS 2003. I named the domain the same as my website which is hosted by godaddy. The reason being is because my next step is to set-up exchange. However, right now I cannot access my domain. If I type the domain name without the www, I get "you are not authorized to view this page". If I type it with the www, I get server not found. I was thinking it might just be a setting in the DNS, but have not had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to change your server domain to something like mydomain.local not .com. Godaddy has that domain already so basically yes you have a DNS issue. To make this change you have to demote the server and run dcpromo again. As for Exchange this you will need to a little more research but I can tell you youo will need a ststic IP from your ISP. You will need to point the ports for email in godaddy to thet IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back