Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Connect To CRM 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedGem

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2008
GB
After an IIS Admin failure on our Server 2003, and after re-installing IIS Admin, we cannot connect to Microsoft CRM 3.0 via Outlook Client or Internet Explorer. When checking on CRM Deployment Wizard on the Server, it states that it 'cannot connect'.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks

Gemma

Within your IIS management tool, does it show the CRM site running? If not, see if it'll start. If it doesn't, check the event log for clues as to why. It sounds like the web services for CRM are either missing or turned off...but it could be something else.

Also, if these items don't help, check the event log to see if there's any errors relating to CRM or IIS during startup. You may be missing a sub-service that's required.

im in ur stakz, overflowin ur heapz!

Thanks for your reply...
In the IIS Manager, under web sites, we have a 'Default Web Site' and 'Microsoft Sharepoint Administration'. Both of these are running but I cannot see anything regarding CRM?

On install I always thought that CRM renamed the default site to 'Microsoft CRM v3.0' --- then there were some other settings I could be wrong, but that is what is on mine.

I do not have anything in the IIS Manager that has CRM on it. Could this be the cause of the problem? Is there anyway to add the CRMWeb Site back into this directory?

sorry - my CRM server is under water because of flooding... (no kidding) - so I am flying blind - you should be able to just rename the 'default web site' to be 'Microsfot CRM V3.0' after that I can not help you with the settings till things dry out in a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back