Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to Citrix MetaFrame Server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftsha

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
I had just installed the Presentation Server 4 code over our Presentation Server 3 installation running on Windows 2000 Server SP4. We are getting the error "Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server. The Citrix MetaFrame server is not available, please try again later."

We installed the latest hotfix rollup and still no luck. It can connect to the license server and ts license server successfully. We changed the version to PS4, then back to PS3...did not help. Has anyone else had this problem after installing the PS4 upgrade?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

I had all kinds of problems when attempting this upgrade path in my lab last year, so I ended up creating an new server image and using that to re-deploy my farm. I deployed a system image with my apps and installed PS4 after the system was applied toavoid problems with the Citrix Service Accounts and DCOM Config.

Do you have a contingency plan, i.e. backup of your DataStore and Citrix Servers that you can restore?

Can you connect via RDP? Is the IMA Service running? Can you telnet to ports 1494 or 2598? Errors in the Citrix Server's application & system event logs?

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Thanks for your response, Patrick.

I can connect via RDP and the IMA service is running. I can telnet to port 1494, but don't get a response to port 2598. There aren't any errors in the event viewer of the server.

Do I need port 2598 open to get normal ICA traffic from inside?

We are just at a loss on what the problem could be...

2598 is for session reliability, so it isn't required. I'd restore from backup and put this into a test environment instead of guineapigging your production environment.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back