Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot config 4-port Linksys router via IE (only Netscape) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabfree

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
CA
Was wondering if anyone has seen this problem. Recently purchased the 4-port Linksys router and I cannot get the logon prompt to display so I can configure the router, when using either IE 6.0 from my Windows XP Pro box or from IE 5.5 running on Windows NT (sp6). On either of these systems I enter the IP in the IE address window and it just hangs and times out (eg However, I have Netscape 4.79 installed on my NT PC and I can logon to the router just fine through that. Fed up with Linksys email tech support as they want to ask a million questions and won't just cut to the chase. I've tried all the obvious stuff, flashed firmware, rebooted everything, reset the router to defaults, reset IE to defaults, etc. No luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well this is puzzling, I would look into a good packet sniffer, that will recreate the data to readable info. see if you can monitor packets on the router. Can you ping it. if yes you should be able to connect to it. the correct ip is 192.168.1.1
See what IP your other computer is and put the XP machine to 1 above that....(ntbox xx.xx.1.3---xpbox xx.xx.1.4)

Off the wall thought have you tried different port configs. have both computers on odd ports like 1 and 3 or 2 and 4

DAVE
MCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back