Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot close MS EXCEL 2002 from X in top right hand corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrmc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
CA
Hello,
MS Excel works fine except that when it is time to close the application, the X in the top right hand corner is a faded red color and will not activate (for a lack of a better term) to a bright red to click on and close. Closing the application from File -> Exit works fine.

I would imagine that this can be controlled via a group policy but none have changed that I know of. Has anyone seen this before? Other MS Applications are ok.

Thanks for the article, Someone did mention GroupWise to me last week here. Perhaps this guy does have the add-in. I will check it out and let you know.

Cheers

Hey again,
Turns out that this users uses a program called PowerDocs, a file management system. The X was disabled on purpse to protect users from themselves nad closing Excel without saving their documents.

Thansk for the KB article though, I will keep an eye out for our users who use GroupWise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back