Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot clear browser cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwjhnsn

Instructor
Jul 29, 2003
US
ok.. I run Firefox and IE browsers. I recently moved my webpage and changed it considerably to a different server but, both browsers keep going back to the old server. I have run system cleaners, registry cleaners, dumped the cache .... and no luck. I cannot go to the new website (which was unregistered on the old server and registered on the new server.

It worked fine before I went on vacation.. came back and wham. ANY help and ideas would be appreciated !!

Does this issue only happen on your computer or can you recreate the issues on other machines as well? With the changing of servers, did the IP address of the website change as well? Assuming the IP address changed, have all the proper DNS records been updated to reflect this change? Do you have any settings in your hosts file which are pointing it to the old server?

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, CWTS

I would first check it on another PC definately. If you have your domain names registered with another company, did you change the nameservers to point at the new server?

Is this on the internet? Intranet? or local?

Did you update your DNS Name servers?
Does it work from another pc?
If it works from another pc, what happens when you ping it from your pc?

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Are we talking about your public website or internal?

Do this.. Start -> Run -> cmd
And type "ping (without the quotes and replace with your actual website address). What is the IP number that is returning? Does it match the public record?

Also your DNS could be cached. In the black box type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes).

Computer repairs in London rebootthat.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back