Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot clean file, it has been moved/deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi.
My clients are running Symantec Corporate Edition, Symantec Management Console + Norton Antivirus on the server, with NAV clients on the network (children of the server). The clients update etc from the server, and the server scans everything daily.

There have been viruses detected, and in the log it says that they could not be cleaned, and were left alone.
The configuration on hte server is set up to clean, if that fails, quarantine.
The server is set up to send to the quarantine at Symantec (not to a local quarantine server).

When I right-click the viruses which have been 'left alone' and try to clean or delete them, I get a message saying that they have been moved or deleted and cannot be found.

Does this mean that the viruses are still on the local system, or that they've been moved to the quarantine at Symantec?

Thanks...
HW
hjgwright@yahoo.com

Should be correct. The files have been moved to the Quarantine folder. Try making a cursory check on the machine and look at the quarantine list.

AVChap

You might want to check the local quarintine on these workstations. Things do not always work as advertised. Also you may check the temporary internet files. Depending on the o/s you may need to change the way in which files are viewed in order to actually redetect these files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back