Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Check Vmail Remotely in Voip Trunk Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnctechdotcom

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
I have a few Norstars that are using the Gateway card that are in a network with a BCM 400, Rls 3.7. A traveling user (who has a telephone and subsequent vmail box on the 400) cannot check her vmail remotely when dialing the 400 over the Voip trunks. She can call her DID from her cell phone OR from any of the Norstars and check it, but when using the Voip trunks from any of the Norstar sites, it doesn't work. This is a system-wide problem on all mailboxes. Here is what I get when trying: During my greeting I press ** The Tin Lady says "Please enter".....then right away says "exiting the system". I actually hear the first 2 words of "pls enter your mbox # and your pswd". It is not a vmail problem or setting for like I said, the function of checking the vmails remotely surely works, only if it is not from a Voip trunk. I do believe all patches are loaded and we have done a reboot. Any other Voip Trunk setting that has been missed?

It could be the connection quality of the IP call.
Sounds like the voicemail is interpreting something as if its DTMF tones. If it works every way except on the IP trunks, it's not the voicemail.

-SD-

Based upon what you said, it also sounds like a timing issue. Pressing just one * with the Return to AA set to OFF will disconnect you from the system.. But as SupportDude said, it sounds like a voice quality issue. Have taken a look at what CODECs are being used on the network? Also, what about delay and congestion on the network?

--DB

I worked on a 3.7 last week that had the same issue. You could call into it and get a person's greeting with no problem but as soon as you tried to leave a message it would say exiting the system and disconnect you. There were a few other issues associated with it but essentially the same problem. System was up and running processing calls but you couldn't do anything with voicemail. Thought the hard drive was toast so I tried a power off reboot and everything came back up ok. I believe this system took a power hit and while booting up, took another one and corrupted something. Don't know for sure though. Just lucky it came back up I guess.

If you haven't tried it yet, it's worth a try. Just make sure you have a backup available though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back