Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot check out of VSS via VB6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trc

MIS
Nov 27, 2000
CA
I used to be able to check files out of Visual SourceSafe via Vb6 but can no longer do so. Why is this and more importantly, how do I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

TRC

My purpose in life is to show others what not to do.
<!--Caution, dates on calendar are closer then they appear.-->

In VB, click 'Add-Ins', then 'Add-In Manager'. You should see an available add in for Source Code control. Ideally, it should be set to Startup / Loaded. If it's not, try changing it to see if it resolves your problem.

-George

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Fortune cookie wisdom

You rock George.

Actually, I'm a little squishy around the middle.

More importantly, I've been there, done that.

-George

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Fortune cookie wisdom

Lol. Thanks again.

For a little extra info, the following registry entries must also exist:

The key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider" must have a value named "ProviderRegKey" with the value "Software\Microsoft\SourceSafe".

The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders must have a value named "Microsoft Visual SourceSafe" with the data "Software\Microsoft\SourceSafe".

Pursuant to installing SourceSafe, there will be a registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SourceSafe", and the above keys will be set. However, if your machine happens to have had another source code control provider installed and you want to go back to VSS, you may find that these values are verklempt.

If you don't have these registry entries in here, you won't be able to install sourcesafe as an addin.

HTH

Bob

Wow! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back