Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot change the workgroup name

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
Hello.
I have a Toshiba Qosmio G20 with Windows XP Professional and it worked just fine with XP Pro. However, I decided to reinstall the OS and now, when I want to change the workgroup name, the default name "WORKGROUP" is being restored after retart so I cannot change the workgroup name.
It never happened to me. Thank you for any advices.

Bogdan

go to add and remove progs remove all the networking components, reboot and reinstall see how you get on!!

Stand up wherever you are, go to the nearest window and yell as loud as you can, 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore.'

hehehee.... pretty nice guess about my feelings... i'l try right now:))

Sorry...I uninstalled Network Components and reinstaled, I also uninstalled Network cards from Device Manager but no result.
Default "WORKGROUP" setting continues to reappear after changing to "hello" and restart. Any other ideeas?
Thank you.

(I have SP2 Installed and fully updated)

you have to delete the network setup and start a new one using wizard on both networked pc's. it will display "workgroup", but will let you change to whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back