Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot change screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrade

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
Using Windows 98, my screen resolution is stuck on 16 colors, 640 x 480 pixels. When I go to Display Properties> Settings, and change the settings to 256 colors or a higher resolution and hit "Apply" or "OK," it automatically/instantly reverts back to 16 color 640 x 480 pixels. It just will not stay on a higher resolution setting. Even when I go to "Advanced," it is no help. It immediately reverts back to 16 colors.

Thank you so very much,
Bob

You may want to find out what kind of adapter you have, then get the driver set from the manufacturer's website and install it.
Some have a problem until you load the correct drivers and setup files. Then once the correct stuff is set up, you will find it when you update the driver.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Hi,

First tell me what is your Video Adapter and tell me what is the card sensed by m/c.?
M/C has to sense the same as what u have in your m/c..else load the proper driver from site for solving this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back