Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Change Ruler Format to Inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

zukracer

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
In Word (XP) I cannot change the ruler to inches it is stuck in one of the other formats, I beleive Pixel. From the menu under, TOOLS, GENERAL, MEASUREMENT UNITS, Inches is selected.

I have uninstalled MS OFFICE and reinstalled and the same problem exists. Any ideas ???

Try this.
Under help I typed "Inches"

Change the default unit of measure
You can set the default unit of measure (for example, inches or points) that Microsoft Word uses for measurements you enter in dialog boxes and for the Word rulers.

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.

In the Measurement units box, click the option you want.
Note To change the default unit of measure in dialog boxes to pixels, select the Show pixels for HTML features check box.

I have tried whaqt you suggested, even before you suggested it. The default has been set to "Inches", under TOOLs, GENERAL. A I said in my orginal statement I even reloaded MS OFFICE with no success. STILL NEED HELP!!!

I know this thread is over a year old but I will try to write anyway. I have exactly the same problem and have tried the book solution to no avail. Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

John

After posting, I kept digging. It turns out this is an upgrade problem from 2000 to XP (and also 2003). It is described with solution in the Microsoft Knowledge base article 299339.

Trustworthy computing.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back