Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Change Password !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryoun1b

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
US
We recently upgraded our DC to a Windows 2003 server and now find that our XP and 2000 clients cannot change their passwords without the message:

"Your password must be at least 6 characters, and must be at least 2 days old and cannot repeat the last 5 previous passwords...."

In my 2003 default domain security policy I have disabled strong passwords and also in the Domain controller security policy I have disabled the strong passwords there as well.

Anything else I need to look at to allow my users to change their passwords with NO restrictions??

Thanks!!

Sounds like you need to change the GPO min password agesettings to 0 verses the 2 days.

I dont have a wk3 server in front of me or I would tell you were its at in the GPO settings. I think its under computer cofig - windows - account - password policies or settings. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back