Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot change IP information via Console on Baystack 470 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barto44883

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2004
US
When using Hyperterminal to connect to my Baystack 470 via console cabel, I cannot change the IP address or any other IP information but I can via telnet or web browser. I have tried factory settings. I have taken all passwords off and of course rebooting the switch.

Is your BayStack stacked with cascade cables to other units? Which is the master unit? There is a stack- and a switch IP. Which IP do you want to change? Have you tried a different terminal program/ different serial cable? I always use 9pol to RJ45-Adapters and a normal Patch cable. Common Null modem cables doesn't work.

Thanks to everyone for the info. It turned out I wasn't using the Private Edition of Hyperterminal. Thanks Again!

Being a Nortel support engineer I have ran into this issue many time. I will assume your running Windows XP on the computer you were consoled in from, the issue is between winXP and hyperterm. So yes using another version of hyperterm will work or you can simply try from another pc running a different version of windows.

Thanks, Ken

I haven't personally tested this, but I've been told that you can use the regular version of HyperTerm that ships with XP if you do the following:

set input xlation to "standard JIS" and
chg ASCII options to "force incoming to
7 bit Ascii". Use vt100 as term emulation.

I don't have local access to a BPS/baystack at the moment, so I can't test. Perhaps someone can give this a shot and report back to the group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back