Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot call forward trunk to trunk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrooms

Vendor
Mar 26, 2010
ZA
Hi,

I,m having difficulty setting up call forward. The customer has a Rls 5.00W TDM system and is using 8 analogue trunks for incoming and outgoing calls.

When incoming call is made to an ext that is forwarded to a cellnumber it just keeps ringning and does not forward to that cell number. I have changed CFO to CFF and also checked that the CLS is CFXA enabled. SUPN is NO and I also check ed the NCOS levels on the trunk members and the route but still doesn't resolve my problem.

The only thing I have not tried is update the deplist on the system.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do trunk to trunk transfer when you only have 8 analogue trunks for incoming and outgoing calls?

Thanks.

Yes that is also enabled under the CLS of the telephone.

It maywell be TROMboning restriction issue in the RouteDataBlock TRMB prompt Yes/No & How are you implementing the CallForward ?

Cheers!!

Do you have supervised trunks like E1/T1 or ununsupervised trunks like analog loop start? Nortel tighted up the rules for unsupervised trunks in release 5 and doesn't allow trunk to trunk connections. We ran into that problem when trying to automatically forward an incoming analog trunk to an outgoing tie trunk. It worked in release 3.0 but not in 5.0. The solution was to forward twice. The incoming call is answered by a phantom DN, which forwards the call to an ACD DN. The NCFW of the ACD DN forwards the call to the final destination. Confusing, but it worked.

Could be the orbital timer as well.....

LD 21... type = net

Thanksfor the feedback guys... I will give it a go hwking and see if it works. Will let you know what the outcome is.

hwking.. you the man!!! the forwarding twice scenario seemed to have worked.

Thanks again guys for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back