Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Call 662-851-xxxx new question

Status
Not open for further replies.

whender

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
US
I know the Nortel does not give verbal message errors. Regardless, TW says they have no records of any calls going to 662-851-xxxx. I personally made 5 and observed 4 others. TW says my switch is not outputtting the proper number. Cannot believe this. No other problems with calling anywhere in the area. 662 or 901 or 870, which is local calling area. Nortel MICS with 6.1 software. T1 from TW. I do not have SMDR capability on the system. I get intercept message when we dial 662-851-xxxx or 1662-851-xxxx. One says need a 1 and other says do not need a 1. TW said they dialed it ok from their switch, so it is my problem....

Any suggestions? Thanks again for the help.

wayne

Is your system setup so that 9 is a pool code for the T1 or do you have routing configured in the system? If you have routing you may need to find the destination code that fits your 662-851-xxxx scenario and make sure that the route that it is pointed at is configured correctly. It sounds like the absorb digits may be wrong.
Just my 2 cents.

Rick

It would make sense that the telco cannot find any record of calls to 662-851… because the calls never go through!

In your earlier post, Thread799-1727326, you said that you didn't have any restriction filter. Restriction filters only prevent you from calling certain numbers by releasing the call; they don't alter the digits you are dialling.

However, as rlsabin mentioned, the Routing service can add or remove digits to the ones you are dialling. If you are making calls using Intercom buttons, you are probably using the Routing service and you should look whether it is programmed properly. Everything is under the following headings:
[ul]
[li]Services > Routing Service > Routes[/li]
[li]Services > Routing Service > Destination Codes[/li]
[/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back