Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot browse domain servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBarron

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
GB
I have a windows 2000 AD DC SP4. It has the problem that when you browse the domain it can see the servers in the list but when you double click on one to access it you get the following error.

\\server is not accessible Logon failure: The target account name is incorrect

The weird thing is I can ping the other servers in the domain by IP address and by DNS name so I am pretty sure this is not a DNS problem. I am really tearing my hair out with this one. I even thought of trying to demote the server and repromote it but i get the same error when I try and do that.

Replication appears to be the root of the problem. I can't get it to participate in replication at all.

Any ideas?

or if you are running a Dynamic DNS, try delete the servers entry and reboot it. it should then write a new entry in DNS.

remember to remove the reverse entry as well and any entries that points to the same ip.

For the reverse entries to be written, you need to tell you DHCP server to do this on behave of the client.

MVH Nicolai

Niksen,
Can you elaborate on this or point me to a KB article please,
Thank you.

MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back