Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot backup NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHartsock

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
US
I'm trying to backup the NetWare server with all of the master replicas, and the savesets include...

DATA:
SYS:
{NDS}

The volumes backup successfully, but the {NDS} will not backup at all. It says "Cannot stat {NDS}: (SMDR-5.0-6) An internal error has occurred. The connection number to a module is invalid."

Has anyone seen this before? I used to backup a NetWare server that had a NDS in the savesets, but I included "All" for the save set field which grabbed all the volumes plus the NDS. That trick doesn't work on this server. By the way, the server is NetWare 5.1 and the previous server (where "All" worked) was on a NetWare 4.11 server.

Any help would be appreciated!

Try unloading SMDR and reloading it. After SMDR is loaded, reload TSA500 and TSANDS. If you get any errors, unload all three and do a "LOAD SMDR NEW" at the console prompt. Answer all the questions asked in the next menu and then reload TSA500 and TSANDS. This fixed the problem for me.

FYI TSANDS does not autoload. You have to add it to your startup files or run it from the prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back