Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot attach files to email!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbeneke

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
AU
Hi All,

This is driving me nuts!!

Machine has worked fine for a few months now.
Yesterday I ahd some problems with running GWchecks from my workstation.
Now I cannot attach files to new emails, BUT, only from my pc.

this is GW5.2 client on XP Pro.

If I log in on another XP Pro machine all works as normal so it is machine specific.

I have removed both GW and Windows messaging, defragged and reinstalled both and still no go.

Can do everything but attach and its driving me mad.

Can anyone shed any light???

I would suggest using the GWCA55 cleaning tool to remove the GW client before re-installing. You might also check to see that the files you are trying to attach are not in an encrypted state (NTFS file systems). GW 5.5.x had problems attaching files when they were encrypted. I do not know if this was true for the 5.2.x system.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Thanks for that tip FarOut,

I downloaded the tool and ran it, seemed ok, but..........

I can now attach files from anywhere on the network but not from my local machine from any folder.

The issue appears to be all with Microsh#t XP Pro!

I am still trying to work out what has changed because this has worked fine for months and I have not had any MS security updates to install lately either.

The files are not encrypted either so that theories out as well.

Any more ideas??

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back