Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CANNOT ALLOCATE CHANNEL TYPE 'SBT'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jescobedo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
MX
Hi all,

I want to restore a backup in my test server with and old backup with Veritas Netbackup, the problem is that in this server it was installed Data Protector 6, I unistalled DP, then I installed Netbackup with their Client and Database Agent for Oracle and I tried to restore with RMAN, but not I have no success.

The error is as follows:

RMAN> set dbid=891359390

executing command: SET DBID

RMAN> run
2> {
3> ALLOCATE CHANNEL CH00 TYPE 'SBT' SEND 'nb_ora_serv=smart-veritas,nb_ora_cl
ient=evatest,nb_ora_policy=plawp';
4> restore spfile from autobackup;
5> release channel ch00;
6> }

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of allocate command on CH00 channel at 10/22/2007 09:06:05
ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-27000: skgfqsbi: failed to initialize storage subsystem (SBT) layer
OSD-02001: unable to start another thread (OS 7110)
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
SBT error = 7110, errno = 2001, sbtinit: internal error - invalid argument(s)

Before DP was Installed this operation it has no problem, I think DP is the causing of the problem.

I think it will be necesary to delete some registry key or something like that, but I am not sure about it.

Could some one help me with this?

Thank you.

BTW, My server is Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4, RDBMSD Oracle 9i, Client Veritas Nebackup Bussiness Server 4.5.

It is working now.

The problem was that when then Database Agent of Data Protector is installed writes its own 'orasbt.dll' in the directory '\winnt\system32', and when is uninstalled does not delete this file, and when the Database Agent of Netbackup is installed does not overwrite this file if it exists. Therefore, RMAN was trying to use the 'orasbt' of DP instead of Netbackup.

I delete the orasbt.dll and reinstall the Netbackup Database Agent, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back