Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot add reports onto BOEXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyu

Programmer
Feb 8, 2005
US
A strange thing happened after I upgraded from CE10 to BOEXI. Whenever I tried to add a report from Central Manager Server, it returns a Retrieve Error:

There was an error while retrieving data from the server: Failed to read data from report file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tmp37.rpt. Reason: Internal error: cannot create temporary file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tmp37.rpt

Does anyone here have a clue?

Thank you so much!

Hi,
Is the report actually located in C:\windows\temp?

If so, move it somewhere else, since it appears that as part of the process a temporary copy needs to be made and that copy will be located in c:\windows\temp ( since that is where you specified temp files to go) - if the original file is also in that directory, it fails due to the name being the same ( cannot create a file that already exists and is in use)

[profile]

No, the orginal report is not in C:\Windows\temp. Actually the report and the Central Manager Server are on two different computers. Thanks for your ideas, though.

I just found another interesting thing, that I have no problems at all when adding a report thru Publishing Wizard, it reports error only when I log on to the CMS and add reports from there....

I have the same proble exporting the report through SDK api, have you found a solution or a workaround ?

Thanks

Do the accounts that the CE services run under have write access to c:\windows\temp on both machines ?

I found the reason, it was my .rpt file who was corrupted.

In fact I add some properties to the docfile and I thing than the report analyzer does'nt like !!!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back