Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Activate Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemsadmin3000

Technical User
Sep 8, 2005
TT
When I right click the netmeeting remote sharing icon in the system try and click :Activate Remote Desktop Sharing" nothing happens, the option is still blacked out.
I've tried re-installing Netmeeting 3.01 but that did not help. I'm running Windows Server 2003 SP2.

Can anyone help?

By default the Service that enables this is set to manual....

...check to see if the "NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing" service is started.

It also relies on Plug and Play and users need read and write access to Nmcom.dll.

It has been known previously that permissions can get "screwed" on the file for some reason.

Try these steps.

* Open the Services window and ensure that both NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing and Plug and Play are enabled ( I know you sad the NetMeeting Remote Desktop one already is).

* Exit the Services window.

* Run Windows Explorer.

* Open the NetMeeting program folder, the default location of which is c:\Program Files\NetMeeting.

* Right-click Nmcom.dll and select Properties.

* Click on the Security tab. In the top pane, select Everyone and then select Allow for the Read and Read & Execute options.

* Click OK

Plug n Play was started and I added Everyone to the security permissions on the nmcom.dll file and still no luck. I may just abandon Netmeeting and use the mstsc /admin switch to setup a remote session to the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back