Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access server on intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkster

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
US
I hope someone has an idea on this one. I use DW in an intranet enviroment. Yesterday the IT section where I worked ran some securtiy patches on the server in question. It is a Windows 2000 Server. Today I am unable to update or push any files to the server. When I try and sync a site it jams up DW and I have to go to the task manager and end the process to free things up. When I look at the event viewer it just indicates a hanging application. (DW) In an effort to troubleshoot this problem I accessed some of the sites I have on a different server within our intranet. I had no problem updating or syncing a site. So my thinking is that what ever updates where run yesterday has had an effect on my ability to access the server through DW. I am able to map to this server through my explorer and move files around with out a problem. It appears to be a DW issue and some new setting on the server. Has anyone else run into this problem or have any ideas on what I might look for on the server.

Thanks

Brian

"So my thinking is that what ever updates where run yesterday has had an effect on my ability to access the server through DW"
--> YES :)
". I am able to map to this server through my explorer and move files around with out a problem."
-->because this has nothing to do with using FTP through the DW
ask your IT guys to make sure that user rights (SPx WILL reset them...as well the "IIS lockdown tool")to the folders are not reset!

All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

lebisol, Thanks for the input everything is correct with my settings.

Here is an update. I have got no response from anyone on Macromedia Online Forums. Lost of post about it but cannot find a solid solution. Hoping someone here may have an idea.

Here is a break down of what I am experiencing. I have used DWMX for well over a year. I work in a intranet environment where I am accessing servers through the local/network settings when setting up my site definitions. I have had zero problems up until last week. Our IT department performed some security updates on my Win 2000 Server. Since this time I have not been able to update any sites on this server. When I attempt to upload a file I get the following error. ?An Error Occurred ? Cannot put filename.htm. The operation completed successfully.? I have been to google groups and have located other individuals that have experienced this same issue. I have tried several of the solutions suggested with no success. In my own troubleshooting efforts here is what I have discovered.
Focusing on what had changed I assumed that what ever the security updates had been done on the server was the root of the problem. However when I sign in on my laptop, same network, same sign on, same everything, I have no problem accessing the server in question and uploading files. But my two desktops will not perform as expected. I have no problem with my desktops when accessing other servers.
So I have narrowed down the question to this.
What has happened locally to my desktops that did not happen to my laptop that will not let me update my sites on the server in question?
My desktops are running clean images and have group policy shut off. This is very frustrating as I am sure you can imagine.
Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.
I am running DWMX 6.1

Thanks
Brian Russell

Hi Brian!
this sounds like one those "you shold have been there to see it" :)
if Nothing has changed on your side than it Must be the server....ask arround :
-if they have setup some IP flitering...
-if your laptop is perhaps set on staticly assigned IP the has the rights while desktops are dynamic IP and loosing rights to "put" files...
-look for .lck file on the server (along with pages) and delete it
- redifine the site in your questionable machines
- try using any FTP programm from those bad PCs and see if u can upload...

I think this is one of those issues that needs to be looked at in person.......hope this helps
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Thanks for the reply. I have sent your suggestions onto our IT guys. I will post a solution if one ever surfaces. There are post about this problem starting in early 2002 I can't imagine someone has not figured it out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back