Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot access rommon 2600 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus2V

MIS
Apr 22, 2001
GB
I cannot put our 2600 series router into ROMMON. It does not recognise the break command (or is ignoring it!). I have tried on other systems with no luck. I have also tried connecting to the router at 1200bps and holding the space bar down for 15 secs to intialise a break. If the router is left to boot normally it hangs after checking the interfaces with the activity light being very ...well....active!

The last few lines of the console before it hangs are;

IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-DS-M), Version 12.1(3a)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1986-2000 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 28-Jul-00 01:26 by ccai
*Mar 1 00:00:29: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface BRI0/0, changed state to up
*Mar 1 00:00:29: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface FastEthernet0/1, changed st

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Marcus

Thanks I have tried everything on that link to issue a break command, but no luck :-(

I can't seem to get to any sort of prompt as the router is hanging if just allowed to boot normally and never reaches the router> prompt.

Is it possible to do a hard reset on a 2600 to effectively put it back to "out-of-box" settings without having to console into the router first?

Thanks

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is it possible to test to see if the router is actually receiving any input from the terminal?

Thanks

FAQ by state gives a reason wht the hyper terminal does not work, check out this site

If this does not help let us know!!! Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA,CCNP (Routing)
[americanflag]

Thanks Jeter. I thought that may be the reason and changed to Tera Term Pro instead! Turns out the console cable I was originally using had a dodgy TX pin, changed the cable and I'm back up and running again. Really bizarre getting all the router boot up bits but not actually sending anything to the router!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back