Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot access property box

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolakubes

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
GB
Hihi.

For some stranger reasons, i cant seens to access the properties dialog boxes , if i right click the c drive and select properties, nothing happens, if i open up files within the drive and do the same thing,nothing happens, i ve scanned it with anti-virus programs and nothing turned up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thx

Do you have local admin permissions with your account?

David Ball CNE, MCSE

If any of the services that are required to populate the tabs of a Drive or Folder property sheet are not running, this will happen.

I have yet to see a satisfactory resolution of this other than a re-installation. If you have been modifying the startup desposition of services on your machine, you might consider restoring them to their defaults.

If you have not been modifying the services entries, reinstallation of your last service pack is recommended.

Thx dball, its a local machine and logged in as admin.

and thx bcastner, i ll give it a go and reinstall sp2, hope it works, not looking forward to reinstall .. :p

I have same problem here. If you have found a solution for this please let me know.
Win2kPro
P4 2.53GHZ
512 DDR
240 GB HDD

At last i found the solution. Uninstall all the service packs you have installed. Thats the only way to tackle this problem. Otherwise a clean install is the only way. If you find any other solutions, please let me know.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back