Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access login page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDECIT

Technical User
Apr 28, 2009
GB
I'm having problems accessing our 3300 web page to admin the device, I don't even get a certificate warning. Is there a way to reset the webserver on the Mitel as I think it might be clogged with admin sessions. This Mitel is a CX with the lastest v9 build.

Did you recently change the IP address? (bootChange via Maint port)

Could the VLAN option be set? (vlan_off via Maint port)

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Can you ping it? Was there any kind of network change?

Did you put the login page as a bookmark in your favorites? I've had issues with doing this sometimes. If so, try just typing in the IP address.

You may have to reboot as a last resort too.

If you did not take enough time to get it right the first time...

What makes you think that you have time to fix it?

The last time that happened to me it was my Java. I had to remove Java and then re-install it. I've had that happen a couple of times. It's not hard to corrupt the Java applet. If you suddenly lose power to your p.c. or shut it down prematurely.

Thanks for the response guys, I've been away for 10 days and I'm going to have a look at this again today.

There has been no network change or ip changes, I've attempted to admin the 3300 from multiple devices when it stops working, none work, placing the problem back at the 3300.

I've left the mitel alone for a few hours and then gone back and everything is okay again. It seems to come and go as it pleases.

Is there a high call volume on the controller? ESM is one of the lower priority functions, so if the system is busy, you will have trouble logging in.

Can you telnet to the controller? If so, it wouldn't hurt to set up a scheduled reboot and see if that helps, the memory can get fragmented and flaky after a few months without a reboot.

Lundah, I wouln't say they have an unusually high call volume to cause this to happen. We've got other similar systems in use that handle more calls than this site.

I have already scheduled a reboot to happen everyday at 4am.

Mitel is having big problems with internet explorer 8. Are you using that as your web browser?

No we're not using IE8, and for Mitel management we try not to use IE7 either. We're trying to get into the practice of using Avant Browser as it tends to be less problematic.

The programmed reboot happened last night and everything appears to fine. I might just leave the daily reboot in for now.

Fantastic - Thanks for the tip regarding Avant Browser
Ive been crapped off with IE for too long .
Avant seems to just work - no turning off popups or changing download settings . A star for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back